- Quicker Sale: When a property sells quickly, it saves carrying costs, mortgage payments and other ownership costs. Proper pricing reduces the stress and demands of selling a property because it generates action and action translates into sales. At market value, a property gains exposure to more prospects who can afford the price. Sellers who list at a high price are looking for that one buyer who will pay it. Sellers often do not realize that they have discouraged many potential buyers who dismiss the property as overpriced. The final sales price is likely one that closely reflects the current market.
- Increased Buyer Broker Response: When brokers feel a property is correctly priced to the market, they make special efforts to contact all of their potential buyers. Knowing that it is priced properly for its market, they expect it to sell and encourage their prospects to act.
- Better Advertising Response: Ad calls and sign calls to salespeople turn into showings when price is not a deterrent. Most serious prospects are well educated about asking prices in the areas they are seeking. They will not waste their time on a property they consider over priced.
- Better Offers: Savvy real estate buyers who are very well informed concerning current market conditions dominate the current market. Buyers fear they may lose out on a property when it is priced to the market and they are less likely to make “low ball offers.” Proper pricing attracts higher initial offers and often multiple offers. Ultimately this means more money to sellers. If a property is priced right, the excitement of the market produces higher sale prices. The property nets more both in terms of actual sale price and less carrying costs.
- Ability to Capitalize on Market Conditions: Current markets are depressed in most segments of real estate while the agricultural assets are showing strong hold values. This is an unusual situation allowing for a “sell high, buy low” opportunity, which rarely exists.
Looking to Buy or Sell Your Property Today?
Whether you are a first-time buyer, investor, relocating, or looking for a ranch or vacation home, Joe Duval can assist you at the beginning of the buying and selling process to the end, and beyond. From Bozeman, Big Sky to Livingston & Paradise Valley, Joe Duval and SK Realty can help you today.